Trek Atlas: The High Atlas is known for its rich and varied Berber culture and […]
Mount Toubkal climb: Amazing 3 days trek to make the ascent of Jebel Toubkal, the highest summit in North Africa, the neighboring summit of Ouanoukrim (4088m) is also a worthy objective. Although Toubkal is, of course, the highest and thus most people’s principle objective, many find that Ouanoukrim affords a more interesting climb. Certainly, both afford equally spectacular views across the Atlas mountains that on clear days can extend as far away as the Sahara desert.
Duration: 3 days
Period: All year round
Trek Grade: Medium to Hard
Maximum Elevation: 4,167meters
Accommodation: Camping or Neltner hut
– Climbing Toubkal and the twin peaks of Ouanoukrim
– A beautiful trekking experience amongst Atlas mountain scenery.
We drive from Marrakech to Imlil which is the starting level of the trek. Trek through the Ait Mizane Valley to Sidi Chamharouch shrine, a pilgrimage site for many Moroccans. From there the trail continues to climb steeply towards the refuge. We spend the night in the refuge or camp. 5 hours trek.
We set out early for the summit of Toubkal to avoid any bad weather. Once the summit is reached, we take some time to enjoy amazing views of the Atlas Mountains and the plains beyond, before the descent back to the Refuge. Overnight in Neltner refuge or camping. 6 h trek.
The journey would be set off in the morning through the valley, and start trekking up North Africa’s second highest peak. After taking in the magnificent views in all directions, we head back down to the refuge via the same route. After lunch, we descend back to Imlil via the shrine of Sidi Chamharouch, following mountain trails. Transfer back to Marrakech. Overnight in a hotel in Marrakech. 7 to 8 hours trek.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||170 €||150 €||130 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
-Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Ice ax and crampons for winter
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle or camel back
– Water purifier
Most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil before your trek.
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Extra 10€/person extra from November to April to cover porters & extra for mountain refuge winter rates.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Mount Toubkal Climb: Climbing Toubkal and Ouanoukrim,3 days trek to climb the 2 highest peaks in Morocco (all over 4000m).
Toubkal circuit: One of the top treks in Morocco, with a number of spectacular high […]
Berber villages family trek: This trek will consist of 6 days with the Berber people, […]
Hike around Berber villages: The High Atlas Mountains near Marrakech are a trekking haven for […]
Toubkal Trek: A fabulous 4 days trekking option to the summit of Mount Toubkal, using […]
Berber village life experience: During this trip you will spend 4 days with the Berber […]
Imlil Ourika valley trek: A superb 3-day trekking in the high Atlas, including the beautiful Imlil […]
Mount Toubkal climb: Amazing 3 days trek to make the ascent of Jebel Toubkal, the […]