2-day Atlas mountain trek: Beautiful hike in Imlil and Imnane valley from Marrakech offers a chance to discover Atlas mountain and Berber villages. We will leave early morning Marrakech and drive to Imlil village in the High Atlas. After around 1 1/2 hours, we will arrive at Imlil village.
We get over Tizi N’Tamatar (22800m) to enjoy the view of the beautiful Imnane valley. We start the trek into the mountains with our team of mules and muleteers, overlooking irrigated terraced fields of apple, cherry, and walnut trees and vegetables. After lunch, we walk down to Imnane valley, and overnight will be in Ounssakra Village.
The next day we follow Imnane Valley passing through Berber villages then up to the Tizi n’Aguersioual (2000m). We set off following mule tracks down leading to Aguersioual. We have lunch by the river before we head back to Marrakech.
Duration: 2 days
Period: It can occur at any time of the year
Trek Grade: Easy.
Maximum Elevation: 2,280 Meters
Accommodation: Gite or tents
– Discover Atlas mountain valleys and Berber villages.
– Enjoy the breathtaking views of the High Atlas.
The trek begins after a transfer from Marrakech to Imlil. We trek to Tizi n’Tamatert to enjoy the fabulous panoramic views of the different ranges of high Atlas Mountain. We have lunch on the Tamatert Pass while enjoying the views of the beautiful valley of Imnane and mount Likemt. After lunch, we descend through the path of Imnane valley. We spend the night at the local Gite. The duration of the trek is 4 hours.
Immediately after breakfast, we follow the path through Imnane Valley and pass through the Berber villages. Next, we descend through the way to Aguersioual village. Then we head towards Aguersioual pass, overlooking Imlil Valley and Jebel Toubkal. We have lunch before returning to Marrakech. 6 hours trek.
|Group||2 People||3 People||For four or more persons|
|Price per person||150 €||130 €||110 €|
|PRICE INCLUDES||DOES NOT INCLUDE|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from /to your hotel
– Accommodation during your trek
– Mules to carry your luggage during days of the trek
– Kitchen equipment and
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
Before your trek, most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil.
– Atlas mountain trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over eight people.
– You can pay €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
2-day Atlas mountain trek: Walking starting from Imlil to discover Berber villages and meet Berber people.
2 Days trek in High Atlas Mountains. Atlas Valley Trek. 2-day hiking trip in Atlas mountain.