Sahara desert tour Marrakech: A private 4-day Merzouga desert trip from Marrakech city to explore Ait Benhaddou Kasbahs and Erg Chebbi dunes at Merzouga. This trip is for people who have time, with less driving each day and more time in the desert. You will get the chance to stop and enjoy impressive landscapes, the old fortified villages, and Kasbahs. It is also possible to take a short walk through a palm grove to see how farmers live on the land.
– Enjoy a Camel trek, sleep in tents under the stars, and watch the sun as it rises over the dunes.
– Visit Khamlia near Merzouga, inhabited by Senegalese musicians and dancers.
– Visit the Glaoui Kasbah in Telouet, the Ait Benhaddou castle, UNESCO World Heritage site and the Ouarzazate film studios.
We drive towards the spectacular Tichka pass in the high Atlas early in the morning, then to Ouarzazate. We visit Taourirt Kasbah, then take time for lunch. After driving to Dades Gorges by the Road of Thousand-Kasbahs, with beautiful views. We spend the night in a hotel near Dades gorges.
After breakfast, we drive from Dades gorges to Merzouga. We visit Todra gorges then go to Rissani, Erfoud, to arrive at Erg Chebbi dunes. After a short rest in the hotel, you ride camels across and desert and take beautiful photos—overnight in Berber tents.
We get up early to enjoy the sunrise; then, you ride camels back to the hotel. After breakfast, we go back to Marrakech via a different road to Draa valley and then to Ouarzazate. We will have lunch then visit the cinema studio before we drive to Ait Benhaddou kasbahs, the small town one of the best-preserved. Overnight in a hotel.
After breakfast, we drive back to Marrakech via Ounilla Valley. After we visit the kasbah of Glaoui, we continue on the road to arrive in Marrakech. End of Sahara desert tour Marrakech. Overnight in the hotel.
|Group||2 People||3 People||For 4 people or more|
|Price per person||420 €||350 €||320 €|
|PRICE INCLUDES||DOES NOT INCLUDE|
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees to Kasbahs and cinema studio
– Traditional tips
– The tour is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over eight people.
– You can pay €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
A Desert tour is a great way to experience most of southern Morocco.
Merzouga Desert Trip, Tour from Marrakech.