Berber villages trek: 3-day hiking Berber villages and three valleys of the High Atlas to discover some of Morocco’s hidden treasures. You will experience Berber life and stunning scenery with a local guide and learn about Berber culture and traditions. You will also spend nights with local families in the Berber villages to experience the countryside first hand and Berber hospitality.
Duration: 3 days
Period: Throughout the year
Trek Grade: Easy to Medium
Maximum Elevation: 2,280 m
Accommodation: Gite (Guesthouse) or tents
– Enjoy the breathtaking views of the High Atlas mountains and the plains
– Experience real Moroccan Berber life
– Experience three famous valleys in the high Atlas through Berber villages
After a transfer to the village of Imlil in the High Atlas, we walk up along the valley towards Tacheddirt, passing by Tamatert Pass, where we will enjoy a lunch meal. We head to Tinerhourhine past through several villages. We spend the night in local Gîte—a 5-hour trek.
After breakfast, we leave Tinerhourine walking through several earthen buildings. We continue up to Ageursioual pass, overlooking Mizane Valley and Toubkal peaks. We then descend the mule trail to Aguersioual village, then trek up to the lunch spot at Matate. In the afternoon, we continue to Azzaden valley. Overnight in a local gite. 7 hours trek
After breakfast, we leave Ait Aissa walking towards Tizi Oussem through a juniper forest. We reach M’zik pass, which affords us a magnificent panoramic view over Imlil valley. We then descend to the valley and stop for a lovely lunch before heading back to Marrakech. 5 hours trek. End of Berber villages trek.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||190 €||170 €||140 €|
|Price includes the following||It does not include the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during the trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
Before your trek, most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil.
– This Berber villages trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over eight people.
– You can pay €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Berber villages Trek is Hiking in the Atlas mountain and three valleys.
Berber Villages Trek, Hiking Berber Villages, and 3 Valleys.