Imlil Ourika valley trek: A superb 3-day hiking crossing mountain passes to explore the high Atlas mountain and Berber villages. You will enjoy stunning panoramic views of Mount Toubkal national park. We invite you to join this walking from Imlil valley to Ourika valley in the heart of the Atlas mountain.
Duration: 3 days
Period: From April to October
Trek Grade: Medium to Hard
Maximum Elevation: 3,200 meters
Accommodation: Gite (Guesthouse) or tents
– Enjoy the stunning views of the Atlas Mountains and the plains
– Explore Imlil valley, Ourika valley, and its seven waterfalls
We leave early morning Marrakech drive to Imlil via Asni and Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains. Imlil is the principal trailhead for walkers and where we will meet our mule team. We begin Imlil to Setti Fadma trek walking along the valley towards Imnane valley, passing by Tamatert to arrive at Tacheddirt village. 5 hours of trekking. Overnight in a local gîte or tents.
We begin the second-day journey after breakfast, walking towards Tacheddirt pass. From there, we will enjoy the best views over Imnane valley, Berber villages, and the high Atlas Mountains. After we descend to Timichi, passing Ibbasen and Timichi villages. We spend the night in Berber local Gîte. 7 hours trek.
After breakfast, we descend to Setti Fatma past the Berber villages of Tiourdou, Anfli, and Tadrart in the heart of the Atlas. After a lovely lunch, we carry on for a short while until we reach the main village of Setti Fadma. If there’s enough time, we can visit the seven waterfalls before going back to Marrakech. 5 hours trek.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||200 €||180 €||150 €|
|Price includes the following||It does not include the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during the trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Ice ax and crampons for winter
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle or camelback
– Water purifier
Before your trek, most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil.
– Imlil valley to Ourika hike is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over eight people.
– You can pay €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Imlil Ourika Valley Trek: 3-day hiking in the High Atlas to discover the valleys that make the region famous.
Hiking in the High Atlas and Berber Villages. Imlil valley to Ourika hike.