Imlil Ourika valley trek: A superb 3-day hiking in the high Atlas mountain and Berber villages crossing mountain passes. You will enjoy stunning panoramic views of Mount Toubkal national park. We invite you to join this walking from Imlil valley to Ourika valley in the heart of the Atlas mountain.
Duration: 3 days
Period: From April to October
Trek Grade: Medium to Hard
Maximum Elevation: 3,200 meters
Accommodation: Gite (Guesthouse) or tents
– Enjoy the stunning views of the Atlas Mountains and the plains
– Explore Imlil valley, Ourika valley, and its seven waterfalls
We leave early morning Marrakech, drive to Imlil via Asni and Berber villages in the Atlas Mountains. Imlil is the principal trailhead for walkers. This is the place where we will meet our mule team. We begin Imlil to Setti Fadma trek walking along the valley towards Imnane valley, passing by Tamatert to arrive Tacheddirt village. The night would be spent in a local gîte or in tents. 5 hours of trekking.
We begin the second-day journey after breakfast, walking towards Tacheddirt pass. From there, we will enjoy the best views over Imnane valley, Berber villages, and the high Atlas Mountains. After we descend to Timichi passing Ibbasen and Timichi villages. We spend the night in Berber local Gîte. 7 hours trek.
After breakfast, we descend to Setti Fatma past the Berber villages of Tiourdou, Anfli, and Tadrart in the heart of the Atlas. After a lovely lunch, we continue for a short while until we reach the main village of Setti Fadma. If there’s enough time, we can visit the seven waterfalls before going back to Marrakech. 5 hours trek.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||185 €||170 €||140 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during the trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Ice ax and crampons for winter
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle or camel back
– Water purifier
Most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil before your trek.
– Imlil Ourika valley trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over eight people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Imlil Ourika Valley Trek: 3-day hiking in the High Atlas to discover the valleys that make the region famous.
Hiking in the High Atlas and Berber Villages, Imlil Ourika Valley Trek,