Mount Toubkal climb: The best 3-day Mount Toubkal trek for beginners to reach Morocco and North Africa’s highest peak. Toubkal is, of course, the highest and thus most people’s principal objective. Many find that Toubkal affords a more enjoyable climb. From the summit, you will enjoy views across the mountains, Marrakech, to the south of Morocco.
Duration: 3 days
Period: All your round
Trek Grade: Medium to Hard
Maximum Elevation: 4,167meters
Accommodation: Camping or Neltner hut
– Reach the highest peak in the Atlas Mountains and North Africa
– Take a beautiful trekking experience amongst Atlas mountain scenery.
We drive from Marrakech to Imlil, which is the starting level of the trek. Trek through the Ait Mizane Valley to Sidi Chamharouch shrine, a pilgrimage site for many Moroccans. From there, the trail continues to climb steeply towards the Refuge. We spend the night in the shelter or camp. 5 hours trek.
We set out early for the summit of Toubkal to avoid any bad weather. Once we reach the peak, we take some time to enjoy fantastic views of the Atlas Mountains and the plains beyond before the descent back to the Refuge. Six h trek. Overnight in Neltner refuge or camping.
The journey will set off in the morning. We descend back to Imlil via the shrine of Sidi Chamharouch, following mountain trails. Transfer back to Marrakech. Overnight in a hotel in Marrakech. 5 hours trek.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||200 €||180 €||150 €|
|Price includes the following||It does not include the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during the trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
-Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Ice ax and crampons for winter
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle or camelback
– Water purifier
Before your trek, most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil.
– Mount Toubkal climb is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over eight people.
– You can pay €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Mount Toubkal climb lets you scale Morocco’s highest peak without mountaineering expertise.
Mount Toubkal Climb, Mount Toubkal Trek for Beginners.