Mgoun Trek: 6-day hiking and climbing Mgoun mountain begins from Ait Bougmez valley. During this trek, you will explore the central high Atlas mountain and camp in wild high pastures spots. The trail of Mgoun trek climbs over Tizi Aghouri to the great plateau of Tarkddite. You trek to the Summit of Djebel Mgoun, the third-highest peak, before trekking down to Oulilimt valley from the plateau. Finally, the path continues from here across Tizi n’Ait Imi and descends back to the valley.
Total Duration: 8 days
Period: April to October
Trek Grade: medium to hard
Max Elevation: 4071 Meters
Accommodation: Camping, Guesthouse
– Discover the amazing landscapes of Ait Bougmez
– Meet the real nomadic Berbers who spend their summers in the high pasture in the high Atlas with their animals
– Walkthrough some spectacular and the best parts of the Mgoun area.
– Climb Mount Mgoun, the second peak in the High Atlas mountain range.
Arrival in Marrakech.
After an early breakfast, we set off to the beautiful happy valley, a five-hour journey. We meet our mule team there and spend the night in the local Gite at Timit village.
In the morning, we leave the valley and head to the valley of Arrous. We climb the narrow valley to pass Arrous and head up to the gorges. After lunch, we continue by taking the path to the summer grazing pastures of Imi N’kkis. Overnight here camping in tents. 5 hours of trek.
The Mgoun ascent continues; we climb to Tizi-n-Oumskiyd pass and then to Aghouri pass. We will enjoy spectacular views of the Mgoun Ridge and the plateau of Tarkeddite. After taking a break, we descend to the nomadic Berber people’s vast plateau, summer pasture. 8 hours of trekking. Overnight in tents.
Today is set aside for climbing up to Jebel Mgoun, which is the only 4000m that lies outside Toubkal Region. We will enjoy the beautiful views of the mountains and panoramic views of the High Atlas Mountains that lie northeast and southeast. After a rest, we descend to the Oulilimt valley and spend the night camping in tents. The estimated duration of the trek is 8 hours.
We leave Oulilimt valley to climb Tizi-n-Ait Imi, 2900m high. We will enjoy excellent views from all directions at this pass. After a while, we descend back to the valley—overnight in local Gite in Timit. 6 hours of walking.
We head back to Marrakech early in the morning after breakfast. Overnight in the hotel. End of Mgoun trek.
The flight back Home.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||480 €||440 €||400 €|
|Price includes the following||It does not include the following|
|– Official Berber guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during the trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
– The Mgoun trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Mgoun trek to climb the highest peak in Morocco’s central high Atlas mountains.
Mgoun Trek Morocco, Hiking and Climbing Mgoun Mountain.