Atlas mountains traverse is a long adventure experience with beautiful trails and wild mountains. We invite you to discover the different ranges of the High Atlas in Morocco on foot.
Atlas mountains traverse trek offers stunning panoramic views, diversity of the high Atlas and warm welcome of the Berbers. You will be for 18 days on mule tracks, and you will climb Toubkal and Mgoun, the most famous peaks in Morocco.
Total Duration: 22 days
Period: from May to October
Trek Grade: medium to hard
Max Elevation: 4167m
Accommodation: Guesthouse, refuge or tents
– Climb two famous peaks in Morocco, Mount Mgoun, and Toubkal
– Explore the most beautiful valleys in the High Atlas
– Visit the village of Magdaz, was classified by UNESCO as the most beautiful village in Morocco for the architecture.
– Enjoy the breathtaking views of the High Atlas at different ranges
– Discover the plateau of Yagour and prehistoric rock carving.
Arrival at Marrakech, you will spend the night in a hotel.
Transfer from Marrakech to the valley. Overnight in a local guesthouse. 5 hours drive.
Trek from the valley to the vast Tarkdit’s plateau, in the heart of the high Atlas mountains.
The ascent of Mgoun, the most remote and committing of the 4000m peaks in the Atlas.
The trek continues to the beautiful valley of Tassaout.
Transfer from Mgoun region to Toubkal region, to the Zat Valley.
Exploring the plateau of Yagour.
Exploring Ourika Valley and Toubkal valleys.
The ascent of Toubkal, North Africa, and Morocco’s highest peak.
Trek down from Toubkal to Imlil, then transfer back to Marrakech.
Return flight home.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||1200 €||1100 €||1000 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during the trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag of clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head Torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
– Atlas mountains traverse is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Atlas mountains traverse to explore the largest of the trekking regions in Morocco.
Atlas Mountains Traverse, High Atlas long Traverse Trek.