Toubkal trek via Oukaimeden: A fabulous trekking option to the summit of mount Toubkal, using a route through the higher passes of the Atlas mountains. This trek will allow you to have an impressive view of the high mountains, the views of several berber villages and meet friendly berber people.
Duration: 4 days
Period: Throughout the year
Trek Grade: Medium to Hard
Maximum Elevation: 4,167 meters (Toubkal summit)
Accommodation: Gite (Guesthouse) and mountain Neltner hut or tents
– The breathtaking views of the High Atlas and the surrounding plains
– Visit the prehistoric rock carvings that are quite inspiring
– Climbing Jebel Toubkal – North Africa’s Highest peak
– Discover traditional Berber villages.
We leave Marrakech and drive towards Oukaimeden which is the trek’s starting point, and where we’ll meet our mule team. We visit ancient carvings, then walk towards Tacheddirt passing by Tizi Nadi to arrive at the valley. Overnight in local Gîte or tents. 5 hours trek.
After breakfast, we start our trek from Tacheddirt and head towards Tizi n’Tamatert pass. We descend to Imlil valley, then to Armed where will spend the night in a local gîte. 4 h trek.
Early in the morning, after breakfast we’ll start hiking up towards Sidi Chamharouch Shrine, which attracts tourists and pilgrims. After approximately 3 hours of trekking we take a break for lunch somewhere in the trail. We continue climbing towards the refuge. The night will be spend in a refuge or tents. The walking time is 6 hours.
Early departure after breakfast for the ascent of Toubkal. At the summit, we will enjoy beautiful scenery of the Atlas Mountains, the peaks of the Anti-Atlas and its highest point Siroua (3304m) as well as the Haouez plain. We descend back to the Refuge for lunch, then back down to Imlil for the pick up back to Marrakech. About 8 h trek.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||220 €||180 €||160 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First aid kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accomodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Extra 10€/person extra from November to April to cover porters & extra for mountain refuge winter rates.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
You shouldn’t miss out on the adventures of this fantastic Toubkal trek via Oukaimeden that’s off the track. You’ll love it.