Erg Chebbi camel tour: 3 days tour departs from Marrakech, to explore the magnificent desert landscape on a camel trek. During this trip you will visit Ait Benhaddou Kasbahs, riding camels and spend a night in Erg Chebbi dunes which is a great sahara desert in Morocco.
– Discover the fascinating Ait-Ben-Haddou Kasbahs, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in Morocco in 1987.
– Visit Atlas Film Studio in Ouarzazate, to understand more about films and the way there are made.
– Visit Taourirt kasbah, the former Glaoui residence.
– Drive along the road of 1000 Kasbahs.
– Visit the spectacular Dades & Todra Gorges.
– Explore the old system of irrigation (khottarat), a centuries-old water transportation system using underground canals to irrigate fields in Moroccan oases.
– Enjoy a memorable time riding camels into Erg Chebbi dunes.
– Overnight in a Berber traditional camp, after a camel trek.
Leaving Marrakech in the morning, and drive to Ait benhaddou via Tichka pass in the Atlas Mountain. We take time to visit the Kasbahs of Ait Benhaddou, and then continue drive towards Ouarzazate – the capital of cinema in Morocco. We will also visit Taourirt kasbah, then drive to Skoura oasis, Kalaat M’gouna, then to Dades valley by the Road of Thousand-Kasbahs. Overnight in a nice hotel close to the gorges.
After breakfast, we drive from Dades gorges to Merzouga. We visit Todra gorges, and continue drive to Rissani, Erfoud Tifilalte oasis then to Merzouga. After a short rest in the hotel, you will ride camels and cross Eerg Chebbi dunes. This is the best time to take photos of the sand dunes and camels. We arrive to the camp, watch the sunset, enjoy wonderful dinner and berber drums music around a fire. Overnight in a nomadic styled camp.
We get up early in the morning to enjoy the sunrise, then ride camels back to the hotel. After a buffet breakfast and take shower, we return to Marrakech through a different road to Alnif, Tazarine and N’kob until Ouarzazate where we’ll have lunch. Overnight in Marrakech hotel.
|Group||2 People||3-4 People||For 5 people or more|
|Price per person||300 €||270 €||200 €|
|PRICE INCLUDES||DOES NOT INCLUDING|
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance to Kasbahs and cinema studio
– Traditional tips
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– To know the price in high class accommodation, please contact us.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
A trip to the desert of Morocco isn’t complete without camel trekking in Erg chebbi Dunes at Merzouga.