Atlantic Coast camel trekking: This trek is along the Atlantic Coast from Essaouira to Agadir. It takes about 3 and half hour drive between Marrakech and Imsouane village. The panoramic view is beautiful and there are lots of sights to be explored. There are beautifully formed sand dunes, buildings of historical interests, the undergrowth of Thuya, Euphorbia and Argan trees. Other sites include fishing villages and ancient caravan routes of the Portuguese. We will also enjoy the amazing diversity of the area and share unforgettable moments with people of the area.
Duration: 8 days
Period: All times of the year
Trek Grade: Easy
Maximum Elevation: 500 meters
Accommodation: Guesthouse or camping
– Discover The cliffs overlooking Atlantic waves
– An amazing view of the Atlantic coast
– Discover Fishing villages
– An unforgettable and most exciting Camel ride
– Visit the beautiful Essaouira city
Arrive at Marrakech and transfer to a hotel for a refreshing welcome
The trek from Marrakech to Imsouanne would begin from the Tilila, a region of Imassouane, south of Essaouira where we will also have lunch. Afterwards, we will move to the small village of Imssouane, where we will spend the night in tents. It’s a 3 hours 30 minutes’ drive.
This is a walk along the coast up to Timzaguida Nouftass village. Then we will enjoy the view of the Atlantic Ocean and the Argan forest. We will continue the journey to Iknioune village where we’ll have lunch break. Afterwards, we’ll walk down to our camp close to the beach, you can also choose to swim if you so desire. We’ll spend the night in tents. The journey takes about 6 hours trek.
We continue our trek along the golden beach towards our camp in the Sidi Mbark village close to waterfalls. We’ll spend the night in tents. The walk will take about 4 hours.
On day 5, we’ll trek along the beach towards Sidi kawki where we will have lunch in a gite. After lunch, we’ll ride camels and the opportunity to swim is available if you want to. The night will be spent in the gite. The trek will last for four hours.
In the morning, we’ll move to Essaouira to visit the Old Portuguese Medina called Mogador, the windy city. Here, we’ll have lunch and then walk back to your lodge in Marrakech. You will have free time to explore the Souks in Medina. We’ll spend the night in the hotel. The drive will take 4 hours.
Departure back home.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||420 €||380 €||350 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– Official Berber guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First aid kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle or camel back
– Water purifier
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Experience the beauty of North Africa as you trek along the Atlantic Coast!