Amizmiz trekking: If you want to better appreciate the plains of the Atlas Mountains, this one trek to do that. This trek is in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, and the journey begins from the plains. It is also a wonderful opportunity to discover the daily life of Berber people and their villages.
Duration: 6 days
Period: Throughout the year
Trek Grade: Easy
Maximum Elevation: 1,500meters
Accommodation: Gite (Guesthouse) and camping
– An opportunity to explore the Amizmiz region
– Discovering the daily life of the Berbers, and interaction with them.
Once you arrive at Marrakech, you are received warmly and transported to the hotel. You’ll spend the night in local gite.
Transfer to the foot of the High Atlas range from Marrakech. Then we’ll trek between barley and wheat terraces through to Ait Zitoun village. Here, we’ll spend our first night in a local gite. One and half hour drive and 3 hours walking.
Our journey begins after breakfast. We’ll start to trek up to the Tizgui village where we’ll view and bask in the charming view of the Haouz plain and the Amizmiz region. Then we will continue till we reach Ait Ahmad pass, walk down between terraces and villages and have lunch under a shade. Life around this region is based primarily on irrigation farming which includes fruit trees, cereals, legumes and animal breeding. We’ll spend the night in a camp or Gite. The whole trek will take about 6 hours.
We cross Amizmiz river to the left side of the river bank where we’ll discover the daily life of the villages,
their cultures and their pastoral life. We will arrive in the afternoon at the gite. We will also discover their bread making style which is traditional in ImiN’Talagite. Then we’ll eat dinner and spend the night. This journey is a 5 hour trek
As we cross many villages built of stones and clay, lunch will be served in a shade. In the afternoon, we’ll go back to Marrakech where we’ll pass the night. It is a 5 hour walk and 2 hour drive.
Departure flight back home.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||240 €||200 €||180 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First aid kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
Start packing your bags and come to join the trek!