6-day Toubkal circuit: One of the top treks in Morocco, with a number of spectacular high passes and circular route around Mount Toubkal.
You will discover the diversity of Toubkal, by traversing the valleys from one to another and climbing high passes from which you will have stunning views of the high Atlas. At the end of the trek after discovering the Toubkal from all angles, you will climb Toubkal, Morocco’s highest peak.
Total Duration: 8 days
Period: May to October
Trek Grade: Medium to hard
Max Elevation: 4,167 Meters (Toubkal summit)
Accommodation: Guesthouse and Neltner hut or camping
– The ascent of North Africa’s highest peak – Mount Toubkal.
– Traditional Berber villages.
– Discover the beautiful Ifni Lake during Toubkal circuit.
Arrival and spend the night in a hotel in Marrakech.
After breakfast in your hotel, we head towards Atlas mountains drive to Imlil. We meet the mule team and trek towards Tacheddirt via Tamatert Pass. We continue down to the beautiful village of Ouaneskra, then a short walk from here into the valley takes us to our campsite. Overnight in tents. The total duration of the trek is 4 hours.
Early in the morning, we begin a long gentle climb to the top of Likemt pass from where we will enjoy the great view. We then walk down to the pasture Azib Likemt. Setting up our tents for the night. 5-hour trek.
Today, we will see different landscapes and enjoy breathtaking views of the Toubkal Massif from the pass, the Amsouzart Valley and the east face of Mount Toubkal. The trail leads on to Amsouzart village. Overnight in a local Gite. 6-hour trek.
After breakfast, we make our way towards Ifni Lake, past several Berber villages on the way, besides wonderful views from the Toubkal mountain. We can get by lunchtime and spend the afternoon relaxing and have lunch near the lake. Overnight in tents. 4-hour trek.
We trek up to Ouanoums Pass after breakfast. We then take a long descent on a zig zag trail down to Toubkal refuge. Overnight camping in tents. 6-hour trekking.
We’ll make an early start to catch the sunrise from the summit of Mount Toubkal. Views are amazing from the summit and well worth the hike. We then descend back to the refuge and head down to Imlil through Sidi Chamharouch shrine. Transfer back to Marrakech. 8-hour trek.
Departure back home.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||325 €||290 €||260 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide|
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
Most of that equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil before your trek.
– The Toubkal circuit trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accommodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
6-day Toubkal circuit is the best tour that can be done only in Summer.