6-day Ait Bougmez valley trek: Thinking of taking your family on a tour through the beautiful scenery of Ait Bougmez (happy valley)? We have the perfect itinerary to make the best out of your touring experience. The beautiful scenery of the high Atlas Mountains and the separate villages of the valley is worth exploring. There is a wide valley that is suitable for a family trekking experience. The valley provides an access route to Mgoun Ridge.
Total Duration: 8 days
Period: March to October
Trek Grade: Easy
max Elevation: 2600 Meters
Accommodation: Camping or Guesthouse.
– Explore Ait Bougmez happy valley.
– Meeting the natives of the Berber villages.
– The sight of Lake Izoughar.
– The Fortified granary Sidi Mossa (shrine).
– Discover the footprints of Dinosaurs.
Arrival in Marrakech and spending the night in the hotel.
After an early breakfast, we set off to the beautiful Bougmez valley, which is a five hours journey. We visit Ouzoud Waterfalls and have picnic lunch there or in Azilal city. We proceed in the journey to the village called Arouss. Meeting our mule team at the Valley, and spend the night in a local Guesthouse.
After breakfast in the morning, we start our hike and get to meet villagers working in the fields. We cross different cultures on the terrace and by passing via several villages. lunch under the huge walnut trees close to Tabant. We continue our trek in the afternoon to the Source site. Overnight camping in tents. 5 hours trekking.
leaving the source after breakfast to explore the popular dinosaur footprints. We then proceed to the village of R’bat and trek upwards to the pass. Adazen Pass offers a spectacular view of the valley. After lunch, we descend to the other side of the valley and camp overnight in tents close to Ifran village. 5 hours walk.
We leave Ifrane village very early morning for the Lake. We’ll cross cultures on the terrace by passing via other villages, then take a path that heads to the Lake. After lunch, we walk back down to the village. 6 hours walking.
After breakfast, we proceed by trekking through the valley down to Timit Village. Dinner and overnight in the local Gite in the village. 5 h trek.
Heading back to Marrakech early in the morning after breakfast, overnight in the hotel.
Departure back home.
|Group||2 people||3 people||4 or more persons|
|Price per person||400 €||360 €||300 €|
|Price includes the following||Price excludes the following|
|– English speaking guide|
– Transfers from and to your hotel
– Accommodation for trekking duration
– Mules for luggage carrying during trek
– Kitchen equipment
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight|
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Traditional tips
– Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First Aid Kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
6-day Ait Bougmez valley trek: Discover landscapes of central high Atlas mountains by hiking and trekking in the green beautiful happy valley.