2 day Atlas mountain trek: Early next morning we will leave Marrakech and drive to Imlil village in the High Atlas. Imlil is the principal trailhead for trekkers. After around 1 1/2 hour we will arrive at Imlil village.
We start the trek into the mountains with our team of mules and muleteers, overlooking irrigated terraced fields of apple, cherry and Walnut trees and vegetables. We get over Tiz n’Tamatar (22800m). After lunch we walk down to Imnane valley and overnight will be in Ounssakra Village.
Nextday we follow Imnane Valley passing through Berber villages then up to the Tizi n’Aguersioual (2000m). We set off following mule tracks down leading to the village of Aguersioual. We have lunch by the river, before we head back to Marrakech.
Duration: 2 days
Period: It can occur at any time of the year
Trek Grade: Easy.
Maximum Elevation: 2,280 meters
Accommodation:tents or gite
– Amazing views of the valleys and Berber villages.
– The breathtaking views of the high Atlas mountain
The hike begins after a transfer from Marrakech to Imlil. We trek to Tizi n’Tamatert to enjoy the wonderful panoramic views of the different ranges of high Atlas Mountain. We have lunch on the Tamatert pass while enjoying the views of the beautiful valley of Imnane and mount Likemt. After lunch, we descend through the path of Imnane valley. We spend the night at the local Gite. The duration of the trek is 4 hours.
Immediately after breakfast, we follow the path through Imnane Valley and pass through the Berber villages. we head towards Ageursiwal pass, overlooking Imlil Valley and Jebel Toubkal. W descend through the path to Aguersioual village. We’have lunch before returning back to Marrakech. 6 hours trek.
|Group||2 People||3 People||For 4 or more persons|
|Price per person||110 €||100 €||80 €|
|PRICE INCLUDES||DOES NOT INCLUDING|
|– English speaking guide|
– Transfers from /to your hotel
– Accommodation during your trek
– Mules to carry your luggage during days of the trek
– Kitchen equipment and
– Cooker .
– All meals during your trek
|– Ticket flight|
– Travel insurance
– Accommodation and meals in Marrakech
– Entrance fees
– Big bag for clothing
– Backpack for each daily supplies
– Good walking shoes and socks fit for rugged terrain
– 3-4 season sleeping bag
– Warm and light clothes
– Lightweight waterproof over-trousers/ rain-pants
– Personal First aid kit
– Head torch
– Toilet tissues
– Water bottle
– Water purifier
Most of those equipment can easily rent for a reasonable price in Imlil before your trek.
– This trek is available and can be arranged for groups of all sizes.
– We can organize airport transfers and accomodation in Marrakech on your behalf.
– Further discounts are available for group sizes over 8 people.
– You can pay in €/$/£ or Moroccan Dirhams.
2 day Atlas mountain trek – Imlil and Imnane valleys trek
2 day Atlas mountain trek from Marrakech with expert mountain guide, trek Imlil and Imnane valleys in the Atlas Mountain.